United Accreditation Body of India (UABI) is an autonomous accreditation body of India. UABI has been established with the objective to provide Government, Industry Associations and Industry in general with a scheme for third-party assessment of the quality and technical competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Accreditation is the third party attestation related to a conformity assessment body conveying the formal demonstration of its competence to carry out specific conformity assessment task.
Better control of laboratory operations and feedback to laboratories as to whether they have sound Quality Assurance System and are technically competent.
The multi-disciplinary CABs shall have to apply in relevant discipline separately depending upon to which discipline the scope belongs.
1. UABI is having Quality Council of India Organisational membership with membership number as CORP/CS/6448/2020-21.
2. UABI is registered under MSME and also under shops and establishment Act.
3. UABI is commited to provide quality service.
4. UABI is commited to follows International rules and dicipline from organizations such as IAF, ILAC, APAC for its accreditation services.
1. UABI operates its system to comply with the requirement of ISO/IEC-17011:2017
2. It provides the service of accreditation in a non-discriminatory and impartial manner.
Our Vision :
To assist the overall development of INDIA by improving its national capacity in testing and measurement, conformity assessments that strengthens, competition, consumer protection.
1. Contribute to national economic development by encouraging best practices and improving technical competence in testing.
2. Promote the national conformity assessment system at home and abroad.
1. To strive for the objective of one certificate/testing and calibration report accepted worldwide.
2. To provide confidence for customers, regulators in the market to the conformity assessment bodies (CABs).
1. To improve the competitiveness of laboratory services.
2. To enhance the protection of consumers, manufactures and the broad community in terms of security, safety, health and environment.
1. UABI is working in accordance with ISO 17011:2017 which conforms with the Accreditation Body requirements.
2. We are nationally recognized as by having Quality Council of India Organizational Membership and follows IAF, ILAC and APAC rules for its accreditation services.
3. We are engaged in Accreditation of Testing & Calibration Laboratories (ISO/IEC 17025:2017) and for Medical Laboratories as per(ISO 15189:2012) only.
1 What is UABI?
UABI is the acronym for United Accreditation Body of India. UABI is an Autonomous Accreditation Body.
2 What is meaning of Accreditation?
Accreditation means a conformity assessment body have independently audited and found compliance according to International Standard.
3 Is the accreditation certificate issued by United Accreditation Body of India (In short UABI) is recognized by all organizations?
Yes, Accreditation certificate issued by UABI in compliance with international standard are recognized by all organizations such as but not limited to PWD, CPWD,
PIO and etc.
4. Any Legal Stauts of UABI
Yes, UABI is Registered under MSME (Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprise) and has Organziational membership of Quality Council of India.