Why Laboratory Accreditation ?
UNITED ACCREDITATION BODY OF INDIA (UABI) is an autonomous accreditation body in INDIA. It offers accreditation programs for various types of conformity assessment bodies, for laboratories in accordance with the relevant International Standard.
UABI is accreditation body established in 2016 as an autonomous organization responsible for upgrading the quality assurance infrastructure and conformity assessment procedures in INDIA and enhancing the recognition and acceptance of products and services in international, regional and domestic markets.
- To assist the overall development of INDIA by improving its national capacity in testing and measurement, conformity assessments that strengthens, competition, consumer protection.
- Contribute to national economic development by encouraging best practices and improving technical competence in testing and measurement.
- Increase confidence in conformity assessment, and
- Promote the national conformity assessment system at home and abroad.
- Accreditation of Testing & Calibration and Medical Laboratories accrediting to ISO/IEC 17025, ISO 15189
- To strive for the objective of one certificate/testing and calibration report accepted worldwide.
- To provide confidence for customers, regulators in the market to the conformity assessment bodies (CABs).
- To support the globalization process and prosperity of business in INDIA.
- To identify centers of competence in all areas of conformity assessment, minimize unnecessary duplication and gives users confidence in the results of that conformity assessment.
- To improve the competitiveness of laboratory services.
- To enhance the protection of consumers, manufactures and the broad community in terms of security, safety, health and environment.
- To formulate its criteria, standards, policies and practices, based on inputs from relevant academia and institutions.